This is definitely one of my favorite meals on the Ideal Protein protocol diet. It's very filling and full of veggies – then I top it off with some Tabasco.
It's so versatile – you can add any two cups of vegetables that you'd like with different seasonings.
For this omelet I made it with two cups of mushrooms, asparagus, celery and spinach.
Saute in an omelet pan until tender. Then add your shaken Ideal Protein or alternative omelet mix (mixed with water per instructions) to the omelet pan.
Once completely cooked through, plate it and add diced onions or scallions and dash of Tabasco for a kick.
Review the video below to find out how to make another variation of this omelet:
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Two cups of any vegetables of your choosing
- I used asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, celery
- Ideal Protein or alternative food omelet mix
- Spices - Cilantro, salt & pepper, oregano
- Green onions
- Chop vegetables and set aside.
- Heat omelet pan on medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add chopped vegetables to omelet pan and cook until tender stirring often. Put the lid on top of the pan to keep moisture in which will steam the vegetables and you'll use less oil.
- Shake your omelet mix with water per instructions and add to omelet pan.
- Sprinkle any seasonings on top of the mixture. I used salt and pepper, oregano, and cilantro.
- Cook until cooked through the middle then plate.
- Add onions and Tabasco to the top of your plated omelet.
Get my weekly updates....it's FREE!
Never miss a post or recipe - Sign up today.