You saw the headline correctly, uh huh – cauliflower instead of rice. Say it isn’t so! I know, I was shocked the first time I ever discovered you could use cauliflower instead of rice for a much healthier and lower carb alternative.
You won’t sacrifice any flavor at all. Zip, nada!
I make this Mexican Salsa Verde Rice with the Chicken Salsa Verde Recipe so I can make use of the salsa verde in the chicken and combine it with the Mexican Rice; otherwise if you make the Mexican Salsa Verde Rice by itself, then you have to add its own salsa verde.
Another low carb recipe and Ideal Protein Diet compatible. Also, I use the Misto Oil Atomizer to reduce amount of olive oil needed.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups grated cauliflower
- ½ cup red onions
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 4 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup verde salsa (If making Chicken Salsa Verde, then use this sauce instead of adding new sauce)
- Heat large pan on medium.
- Spray pan with olive oil, add green peppers, garlic and spray green peppers with olive oil lightly.
- Saute until tender.
- Add cauliflower, red onions, green onions, chicken broth and cook until cauliflower is tender but not mushy (about 10 minutes).
- Add cilantro, cumin, chili powder, Sea Salt, and verde salsa.
- Let the flavors simmer together for about 10 minutes and serve.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Get my weekly updates....it's FREE!
Never miss a post or recipe - Sign up today.