I love my vegetables, but a girl’s got to get creative sometimes.
Just like you can hide your spinach in a Mocha Frappuccino, you can hide zucchini in chocolate cookies. These little gems will give your cookie some body, some fluff, some nutrients and most important, will help you get in 1 cup of vegetables per serving towards your 4 cups of vegetables on the Ideal Protein diet.
The taste is incredible!
The chocolate mixture looks quite interesting with the zucchini. Doesn’t it smell divine – like brownies – and yes – I did lick the bowl and spoon!
I use a Whoopie Pie Pan that’s non stick to make the cookies so they come out nice and round and evenly portioned.
Serving is 6 cookies which makes 1 Ideal Protein meal and 1 cup of vegetables towards your 4 cups for the day. I like sneaking vegetables in wherever I can, especially when they really enhance the flavor of other foods.
- Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal
- Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp Torani Sugar Free White Chocolate Syrup or 1 pack of Splenda or Stevia
- Dash of cinammon
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded Zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a rolling pin, gently crush the Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal while still in the unopened package.
- Mix all ingredients together except for zucchini until thoroughly mixed.
- Then add shredded zucchini (blotted dry with a paper towel) and incorporate into chocolate mixture.
- Spray your non-stick Whoopie pie pan or a muffin pan with a non-stick spray and then evenly add your chocolate mix to make 12 cookies.
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes and then let cool in pan.
Let me know how you like these cookies by leaving a comment below.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”