Ideal Protein has a Broccoli Cheese Soup meal packet that is pretty good on it’s own; however if you want to boost the flavor and get your two cups of vegetables in at the same time – then you’ll want to try this recipe.
Adding mushrooms, celery and garlic to most of the soups makes for an excellent addition to pump up the volume and flavor.
Since I’m always on the run, I opted for a bag of frozen chopped broccoli and then measured it out to add with the mushrooms, celery, and onion so that I have two cups of vegetables total. This is a very forgiving recipe so you can change the amount of vegetables to your liking as long as it’s two cups to get your required amount of vegetables in on the Ideal Protein Diet.
Not only dp I add mushrooms, celery, and garlic, but also more broccoli and topped off with green onions.
- Ideal Protein Broccoli Cheese Soup packet
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.25 cups chopped fresh broccoli (frozen is okay if thawed)
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp green onions
- Celtic Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat medium pot on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Sautee mushrooms, celery, and garlic until tender.
- Add chopped broccoli and put a lid on the pot to steam the broccoli.
- Prepare the Ideal Protein Broccoli Cheese Soup packet according to the directions and add to the pot of vegetables.
- When completely heated you can eat as is or put in a blender (or use immersion blender) to blend everything together to be only slightly chunky.
- Top off with green onions.