Craving Mexican food? You’ll be delighted with this aromatic Chicken Salsa Verde recipe that’s packed with all the flavors that come with Mexican food like cumin, cilantro, and verde salsa.
It’s low carb and compatible with Ideal Protein Diet phases. Also, I use the Misto Oil Atomizer to spray the pan and chicken with olive oil to reduce the amount of oil used during cooking.
You can make your own salsa verde with tomatillos; however for this recipe I just picked up a jar of organic salsa verde since I was in a hurry but wanted maximum flavor.
Another key feature of this recipe is using stainless steel pans so you can scrape up the bits from the chicken browning which will make your sauce even richer. Yum!
The Chicken Salsa Verde picture also shows Mexican Verde Salsa Rice which is a great combination for a Mexican feast delight!
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 cups organic verde salsa
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin
- Heat large pan on medium.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Spray pan with olive oil and then spray each chicken breast lightly with olive oil. Salt and pepper each fillet and then brown each fillet on each side until it's almost cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts and then add garlic and saute until golden.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up bits from bottom of pan then add verde salsa, cilantro, and cumin, bring to a boil.
- Once sauce comes to a boil, reduce temperature to a simmer and add chicken breasts covering each breast with the salsa verde sauce.
- Let the chicken and sauce marinate together for about 20 minutes and serve. Serve with Mexican Rice (actually made from cauliflower instead of rice for a low carb alternative).
Tell me how you like the recipe by commenting below.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”