In my ongoing quest to take foods I love and make it into a healthy option – I discovered cauliflower pizza crust.
It’s seriously good and such a healthy way to have your pizza any way you like it. It doesn’t taste doughy of course like regular pizza, but it’s pretty darn close to the overall flavor and you don’t taste cauliflower.
It’s a pretty simple recipe to prep and cook and the plus side – you don’t have to wait for your dough to rise!
Mixing all of the ingredients together until it’s nice and moist so it will be somewhat tacky when forming into your pizza crust.
I opted for a rectangular pizza and placed it on my pizza stone which was a bad choice. It was the first time I had used the pizza stone and it wasn’t cured yet. So don’t do this unless your pizza stone is cured. My crust stuck horribly to the stone.
Instead use parchment paper or the silicone baking mats.
Once cooked – it should be a nice golden brown and a bit crispy.
Next you’ll add any topping of choice. I used a small amount of tomato sauce infused with Italian herbs, spinach, onions, cubed cooked chicken, mushrooms, and peppers.
- 1 cup of riced cauliflower, cooked
- ½ cup of veggie shreds or soy shreds or mozzarella (Ideal Protein dieters use shreds)
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Any toppings of your choosing for the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Rice the cauliflower using a food processor.
- Cook the riced cauliflower in the microwave for about 10 minutes until tender but not mushy. You may need to add a small amount of water to "steam".
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir until completely mixed.
- Using a cookie sheet lined with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, spoon your cauliflower mixture into the desired shape of your pizza.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the edges. You want to make sure it's cooked through so when you pick up the slice of pizza it doesn't fall apart.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes while adding your toppings and then place back into the oven to finish cooking your toppings.