With every passing week that I post, that I lose weight, that I stay 100% on program – it makes me feel stronger, makes me feel in control of my inner chubby chick, and makes me feel – no – know that I will make it to my goal. It’s an empowering feeling. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel.
This week I was examining why the Ideal Protein Diet feels different from any other diet I’ve been on.
One word says it all.
Ketosis is the crux of a ketogenic diet which is higher protein, lower carbs, lower fat so that the body will drain its glucose resources and then start burning fat for fuel. The Ideal Protein Diet utilizes the ketogenic diet approach to keep your body in ketosis about 4-5 days after starting the diet and maintain ketosis until you have reached your goal weight.
Why is this so important?
Two reasons –
- Ketosis allows your body to maintain its lean muscle mass, as long as you are supporting it with enough protein as the Ideal Protein Diet does, and lose mostly fat which leads to a great loss of inches.
- The first reason is amazing, but this second reason – well – it’s my favorite reason. I’m rarely hungry!!! Yep, ketosis keeps your body from always being hungry which keeps you from constantly obsessing about food.
Now I don’t about you, but not constantly thinking about food on a diet is HUGE! If you’re not hungry and you’re not obsessing, then it allows you to really focus on making good choices for yourself and sticking to your goal.
I keep saying this has been the easiest diet I’ve ever been on and ketosis is the reason why.
Week 13 Weigh-In Results on Ideal Protein Diet
- Weight Loss for the week: -2.2 lbs
- Inches Lost for the week: -4.50 inches
- Total Weight Loss in 13 weeks: -38.8 lbs
- Total Inches Lost in 13 weeks: -34.50 inches
More interesting weight loss stats:
- Dropped from 52.9% body fat to 45.7% (yeah – my skeleton and muscle now weigh more than my fat!)
- Fat mass dropped from 136 lbs of fat to 98.8 lbs of fat!
- My metabolic age is still 56 (I’m only 41 as of today) which is what I started at. Still scary!
- BMI has dropped from 45.6 to 38.3.
Let me know how you’re doing on your Ideal Protein Diet below in the comments.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Get my weekly updates....it's FREE!
Never miss a post or recipe - Sign up today.